Contact Us

TheGossipBoy01@yahoo.com

Search Gossip Boy

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

American Idiot...The Movie??


  Deadline.com is reporting that Playtone, the production company run by Tom Hanks and Gary Goetzman, are discussing the possibility of turning the musical into a feature film.  And the musical doesn't even open on Broadway until next month.

About three friends who go through the ups and downs of life to the songs of Green Day's 2004 album of the same name, the cast appeared onstage with the band during their performance on the 2010 Grammys.  And although the band does not appear in the play, there is a band onstage with them.

I personally cannot wait to see it on Broadway.  I have been a fan of Green Day since Dookie and will have 21 guns playing at my funeral.  Tom Hanks is also behind Mama Mia, which was a huge hit, becoming one the highest earning movies for Universal Pictures.

Tom Hanks is such a genius that I think he could pull anything off. I actually miss seeing Tom Hanks in movies.  He started out playing drag in Bossom Buddies, made some box office hit, is executive producer of HBO's Big Love, a producer on Where The Wild Things Are and he is freakin Woody The Sheriff in Toy Story 1,2 and the upcoming third.  This man could probably turn water into wine.  I've seen him stranded on an island and homeboy made it home.  Plus, he and Rita Wilson have been married since 1988 and are an amazingly down to earth couple.  So I put nothing past Mr. Tom Hanks. 

American Idiot does open on Broadway on April 20th for all of you fans who cannot wait for a movie.

1 comment:

Maja With a J said...

I'm just happy that The Pacific finally started. I have been waiting for about 7 years for this.

Green Day - not really my cup of tea.