Contact Us

TheGossipBoy01@yahoo.com

Search Gossip Boy

Thursday, February 4, 2010

In Memory Of Frances Reid

1914-2010

I know that this is a little of topic but I was just floored by the news of Frances Reid's death.  She has portrayed Alice Horton on Days Of Our Lives since it came on the air in 1965.  I grew up watching this woman and she became another grandmother to me. I have always said I have a weakness for the soap industry.  I never got to meet her, but as I hear of her death, tears well up in my eyes.  My thoughts and prayers go out to the Reid family and to the Days family. Heaven got another angel today, unfortunately we had to lose one.
In recent years, Reid reluctantly eased into retirement. She made her final appearance on Days of our Lives on December 26, 2007. News of Reid's passing struck daytime fans still mourning James Mitchell (Palmer Cortlandt, All My Children) last month.
"I'm so sad to hear the news about Frances Reid," Reid's co-star Alison Sweeney (Sami Brady) posted on Twitter. "She was a truly talented actress and we are all lucky and proud to have known her."
"Rest in peace Frances Reid," offered Nadia Bjorlin (Chloe Lane). "She was a great lady whom I feel honored to have known...the heart and soul of Days of our Lives."


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so sad. I grew up watching her as well. May she rest in peace