Contact Us

TheGossipBoy01@yahoo.com

Search Gossip Boy

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Further Adventures In Babysitting?

Lord, tell me it's not true.  Adventures in Babysitting, one of the BEST movies from the 80's starring a young Elisabeth Shue and Penelope Ann Miller, is being resurrected with Raven Simone attached.

If you have not seen this movie, you must get it, stat!  It about this girl named Chris who is supposed to go out with her boyfriend for their anniversary.  But he shows up and tells her his sister is sick, so when she receives a call to babysit she decides to go for it.  Her best friend, played brilliantly by Penelope Ann Miller, picks that night to run away from home and get stranded at the bus station.  After calling Chris to rescue her, the adventure begins.  Chris and the kids spend the whole night trying to get to Brenda and save her from the homeless guy in the bus station but get delayed by a flat tire, insane tow truck driver, and a car theft ring.

I recommend this movie, but I am highly disappointed by the remake.  If they must, wouldn't it be nice to actually tie in the old move.  Shue as the mother who needs the baby sitter so she and Miller can go out on a girls night.

With all the remakes being done, can we pray for a good one that actually pays homage to the original?

Vincent D'Onofrio

                                                   



14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Talking about babysitting... I've decided you're not Jake G, Gossip Boy. Mainly because JG seems to babysit his niece rather often. Not time for McHotties apparently. Well, that's where you're lucky, I bet. I'll keep looking for clues, though. But who is on the same level of fame? Hmmm...

Anonymous said...

ha, for all we know mchottie and gb and the kd spend a lot of time together. maybe it's gbs kid

Anonymous said...

you guys remember when GB bitched about leaving his iphone at a restaurant one day? A couple days later pics of Jake and Maggie and the kid came out of them having lunch together. IJS

Anonymous said...

I don't want to be a nag, Gossip Boy, but I would be able to enjoy your entries much, much more than I already do if you would actually spell check them. It would make you look a little more, uh, educated, more credible and more reputable.
A man who's allegedly 21-35 years old shouldn't have so many spelling errors and grammar mistakes in his posts.

The Gossip Boy said...

My apologies, I tend to rush

Anonymous said...

@anonymous in comment nr.3 GB tweeted "I lost my phone today..." on Feb 2nd. The pics of JG having lunch with his family were apparently taken on Jan 31st. IDK. Odd timing is odd.

Anonymous said...

@The-Gossip_Boy I think i left my itouch at the restaurant today when i had lunch with my family...FUCK! 4:10 AM Feb 2nd via TweetDeck

http://www.popsugar.com/Photos-Jake-Gyllenhaal-Maggie-Gyllenhaal-Peter-Sarsgaard-Ramona-Sarsgaard-Together-LA-7243793

thats from Feb 1st.

JMO

Anonymous said...

^ Hey, I would looove to believe GB is JG but IDK. Can't shake the "Too good to be true" off my head. Yet anytime you find nice little timing things like that, please post them...
You can count on me smiling and approving.

Anonymous said...

someone needs to start a lj community where we can figure all this shit out, i cant keep up

Anonymous said...

Seconded!

Anonymous said...

third

Anonymous said...

well whenever it happens someone let ua all know

Anonymous said...

SO.....anyone seen this movie? LOL. i love it but all the comments are about GB. funny

Anonymous said...

My apologies, I tend to rush

Apology accepted. ;-D

I already thought about the possibility that you might be writing your entries in a hurry.


On topic: I have really fond memories connected to that movie and for me it would be blasphemous if anyone would ever do a remake. I still remember when I saw it in a movie theater with my best friend. We both cried laughing. Very fond teenager memories I don't want to be messed with!